Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Bloglovin' Pinterest Twitter Instagram Image Map

Monday, September 23, 2013

Alligators Are Unfriendly

Alligators are unfriendly,
they are easily upset,
I suspect that I would never
care to have one for a pet.
Oh, I know they do not bellow,
and I think they do not shed,
but I’d probably be nervous
if I had one in my bed.

Alligators are not clever,
they are something of a bore,
they can’t heel or catch a Frisbee,
they don’t greet you at the door,
for their courtesy is lacking,
and their tempers are not sweet,
they won’t even fetch your slippers
…though they just might eat your feet.

Some words we were not sure of their meaning:
unfriendly: not kind or nice
suspect: not able to be trusted
bellow: to make a deep loud sound
shed: lose their hair
nervous: feeling worried or afraid
bore: being boring
Frisbee: plastic disc that can be thrown, in a game of catch
courtesy: polite behavior, showing respect
lacking: to not have
tempers: the way you act or behave
fetch: to go after and bring back

No comments:

Post a Comment